The quarter is over this week and the class of 2012 is getting ready to head off to their internship sites for the summer and 3rd year. Here are the exciting places they’ll be working for the next year:
- Tessa de Alarcon will be working on finds from the site of El Zotz at the lab in Antigua, Guatemala. She is then off to spend the remaining 9 months at the University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology.
- Lily Doan will first head off to work in the conservation lab of the Gordion Archaeology Project and then come back to LA to work in the Objects Conservation Lab of the Los Angeles County Museum of Art.
- Elizabeth Drolet will also be heading to Turkey but will head south to the Tell Tayinat Archaeological Project followed by an internship at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
- Dawn Lohnas will spend the summer in Greece working on the Mt. Lykaion Excavation and Survey Project and then come back to LA to work in the Antiquities Conservation Dept. at the Getty Museum.
- Nicole Ledoux will spend the year at the American Museum of Natural History.
- Robin OHern will be doing a lot of traveling this coming year with 3 internship placements in 3 different countries. First she’ll spend the summer conserving finds from the excavations at the Athenian Agora. She then heads to Oxford to work at the Pitt Rivers Museum,after which she comes back state-side to work at the Corning Museum of Glass.
- Cindy Lee Scott will spend the summer working on the Haiti Cultural Recovery Project and then will head back west to work at the Museums of New Mexico.
The UCLA/Getty Program extends thanks to the NEH Preservation and Access Education and Training Grants, and to the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, for internship support.
We wish our students every success in their internships and can’t wait to hear about all their exciting work when they get back next June!