We’re just wrapping up the last week of instruction for the spring quarter and as the students are finishing up treatments and other assignments for their classes (as well as studying for exams next week), they’re also getting ready to head out to their summer internship sites.
Here is a list of all the sites and institutions they’ll be working at this summer:
- Austin Anderson – Yosemite Museum (Yosemite National Park, CA) and the Royal Museum for Central Africa (Tervuren, Belgium).
- Elena Bowen – Fowler Museum at UCLA and the Corral Redondo Project (Iquipi, Peru)
- Kasey Hamilton – Stone Conservation Workshop, National Museum of Cambodia (Phnom Penh, Cambodia)
- Skyler Jenkins – Villa Romana di Poggio Gramignano excavations (Umbria, Italy), Tayinat Archaeological Project (Antakya, Turkey), and at Nea Paphos (Cyprus) to participate in a study of ancient Cypriot wall paintings
- Emily Rezes – Pachacamac Site Museum (Lima, Peru)
- Megan Salas – Laboratory of Archaeometry, University of the Peloponnese and
Archaeological Museum of Messenia (Kalamata, Greece)
The students will be presenting on their summer internships when they’re back in the fall and we’re looking forward to hearing all about their amazing work! Stay tuned to our social media sites for any posts and/or images from their internships. Hope everyone has a great summer and safe travels!